Artwork of the trendy big canvas portrait prints installed on the wall can bring more life to our interiors while adding a beautiful artistic touch.
The visual effect of big canvas portrait prints can be done anywhere in the house, we can install it in the sitting room, the bedroom, or the hallway, but when carried out throughout the house, the result is so much of a vivid context full of life and delight.
What do big canvas portrait prints convey, and what can they tell us? What portrait subject to better select, and why is realistic art matter? Where to install them, and what are the general size rules?
We have done our thorough research to understand the what and why, and here are the details for a better understanding of the big canvas portrait prints trend.
“The aim of Art is to present not the outward appearance of things, but their inner significance; for this, not the external manner and detail, constitutes true reality.” – Aristotle
What do Big Canvas Portrait Prints Convey
Big canvas portrait prints can reveal hints on how we perceive the world around us and see others in our lives. Their huge size can successfully engage the subject with the viewer as it frequently captures an idea of certain things or a person and reflects our inner feelings.
It might be an idea we love or believe in, and it would be an overall mood of serenity, love, or rebel. It can be a person we believe represents beauty, perfection, agony, or joy, and it might be what the person in the portrait represents and stands for.
In the picture above, you can see how big canvas portrait prints can add a one-of-a-kind touch to the spacious room. The big piece of your decor will be a modern, stylish, and one-of-a-kind design. Here it will be working well, especially for those who enjoy and adore abstract art, as we will explain more elaborately in the next section, which applies forms and shapes and come up with a new external visual reality.
What Portrait Subject to Select?
As big canvas portrait prints should work on creating a beautiful but main focal point, here are the two most common and trendy subjects to select from and a look at what each topic represents:
- Realistic Art: It mainly describes paintings implemented in a realistic and photographic style. It focuses on making paintings look as genuine and true-to-life as possible. The term is often used interchangeably with naturalism to indicate a representation of a subject matter that is real and never fiction. Its beauty lies in The aim to interpret actualities of the many life aspects, free from subjective prejudice and idealism. Urban life, nature, feminism, socialism, and sensuality are all concepts that can reflect on a particular mood in a very objective and beautiful manner.
- Abstract Art: It represents a vague visual reality that has a lot to do with a contemporary way of thinking. Abstraction begins with a picture and transforms it into something unrecognizable. It is a very classy choice and is seen to be carrying much of an implied moral and philosophical dimension.
Where to Install it and What are the General Rules?
To make sure your big canvas portrait complements the room, make sure you consider the following three main points:
- Wall Size To have your big canvas portrait installed perfectly, you should consider the ratio of the portrait dimension to the space size you have.
Here is the rule you should remember to have a classy look that fits seamlessly. Generally speaking, the big canvas should occupy around 70% of the wall after deducing the area occupied by any furniture. That’s to say if you have the blank wall measuring 3.00 m in height and 2.00 m in width, multiply both dimensions by 0.7 to have the perfect canvas size. So in this example, the canvas should be anything around 3×0.7= 2.1 m in height and 2×0.7= 1.4 m in width.
- Space Above Furniture Bear with some more measurements and equations here, but believe me, they are simple and deserve close consideration for a perfect outcome. First, consider and as a general rule that the center of the canvas should be almost at eye level for the most aesthetically attractive look.
Second, when you have furniture, calculate around 15 cm over the back of the piece, so the height at which you install your wall art does an impact on the room decor you seek.
Finally, consider a 0.67 proportional size between the furniture width and the big canvas portrait width. Let’s say, for example, you are hanging the canvas over a couch of 2.5 m width. Then it’s best to install a 2.5×0.67= 1.675 m wide portrait that should fit perfectly above the couch.
- Portrait Orientation From an aesthetic perspective, a portrait-oriented photo would look best suited when installed on a narrower wall, while a landscape-oriented photo would fit perfectly above the couch in front of a widespread wall.
Don’t rush into buying before doing the right calculations and making sure you have a final look that is very neat, trendy, and so much appealing.